Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: BlackBerry Curve 9320

BB blocked : problem with password

hello everyone,

First I want to say that I'm desesperate. Nobody could help me and I cannot use my BB anymore. I beg you to help me.

Tuesday after my exam I took my mobile phone and I wanted to unlock it. In my BB I was already my sixth attempt to insert my password, but it was wrong of course !

So, I thought it just a little bug and I wrote my password. It consists of 4 numbers. And instead of stars that hide the numbers usually  it was a conventional keyboard and my password wrote in a letter, which is not normal. Furthermore I'm from Belgium so my keyboard is in French "FR" and there he passed in English "EN".

Nevertheless, I tried to put my password but my BB says it is wrong! I tried everything and I am in my last attempt and I can not use my phone anymore.

Unable to contact BlackBerry.

After-sales service is poor from my store.

Please, please, please, help me !

Thank you so much.

Hope my english is not too bad.

Have a nice day.

Laure

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB blocked : problem with password

Laure1911 wrote:

So, I thought it just a little bug and I wrote my password. It consists of 4 numbers. And instead of stars that hide the numbers usually  it was a conventional keyboard and my password wrote in a letter, which is not normal. Furthermore I'm from Belgium so my keyboard is in French "FR" and there he passed in English "EN".

Laure, please explain that in red?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes of course.

I speak french so my phone is programmed in french.

and here it is passed in English as the logo now displays "en".

but the strange thing is that the password is no longer written in **** as before, but in letters ...

Laure1911 wrote:
but the strange thing is that the password is no longer written in **** as before, but in letters ...

The **** is because you have passed the 5th attempt, the device now shows you the letters you're typing as a hint to you to see what you're typing.

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

Does that make sense? Does it sound familar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

first of all thank you for your reply.

when I wrote my password (before my BB is locked) I do not remember if I had to Alt because it had become a reflex. you made me hesitate ...

but in any case when the keyboard is passed in English and I could see the letters / numbers and not ****, I verified that the correct numbers appear .. .

You can also try connecting your 9320 to a PC and entering the password if that would help.

Question: Do you have a recent backup of the device made using the BlackBerry Desktop Software? Or, do you have BlackBerry Protect installed and running on the device?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'll try this solution there. Unfortunately, nothing is saved and the next error all my information disappears ...

And you are certain Protect is not enabled?

You can try to login with your BBID at protect.blackberry.com

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Almost certain but I'll try to connect myself! I hope it will work...