Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB causing HEADACHES!

When i unboxed my BlackBerry Curve 8320, from Orange UK i loved it superb phone with great features. 

3 days later and im pulling my hair out!! NOTHING i try and do is working.  All the websites i look at tell me to go to 'options' then another sub menu which isnt even on my phone!'

1. Viirgo doesnt work, downloaded dont know how to set up for Orange UK (access point, Gateway IP, Gateway port)

2. Blackberry Maps that comes pre installed doesnt work just get diagonal lines.

3. Google Maps installed, didnt work. Browser didnt work. Deleted

4. Browser is unstable at best

5. Can't set up EMAIL doesnt even list it as an option in the set up wizard only BES listed

Im scared to try Facebook app cos my head might explode!! My high hopes have faded fast.  Can anyone offer some advice, i thought it would all be so easy. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB causing HEADACHES!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Take two aspirins and answer some questions please Smiley Wink

1 I am not familiar with Viigo so someone else will have to help you on that.

2 Blackberry maps gives no maps just a series of diagonal lines like a bad TV picture?

3 What failed in Google maps?  You said "Browser didn't work deleted) did you delete the browser as well as

Google Maps?

4.Define "unstable" in Browser

5. Please read and see if applicable.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Ive taken 2 asprin,

1. Fair enough, thanks.  Anyone else?

2. Not like bad TV picture, its like a graphical drawing maybe even a loading screen can even lay down markers (red ones) can write in address nothing happens.

3. Google maps got to 10% on install after download and came up with an error message, when i came out of it and went to the browser it didnt work once as soon as i deleted google maps the browser worked again.

4. Will work 1 min then not the next, although at least this works!! some of the time...my headaches returning ;-)

5. Read what?

Thanks for the welcome and the response

Guru I

Sorry, it was late!

5) http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-4-basics-setting-your-blackberry

Stting up BB and email

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I have seen and worked through that before BUT i shall do it agian and let you know how i get on. Ill be happy to get 1 of the 5 working!

Guru I

[ Edited ]

If you just got the device, I would return it and get a brand new one. The BBmaps especially concerns me, as it doesn't even display right. The intermittent browser is not normal either. Why not get a brand new device and not take the chance of getting one with a potential software/hardware problem?

Just my opinion.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-16-2008 09:02 AM

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

as far as I know, the Blackberry Maps and the Google Maps application require a data plan.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: