08-15-2008 07:47 PM
When i unboxed my BlackBerry Curve 8320, from Orange UK i loved it superb phone with great features.
3 days later and im pulling my hair out!! NOTHING i try and do is working. All the websites i look at tell me to go to 'options' then another sub menu which isnt even on my phone!'
1. Viirgo doesnt work, downloaded dont know how to set up for Orange UK (access point, Gateway IP, Gateway port)
2. Blackberry Maps that comes pre installed doesnt work just get diagonal lines.
3. Google Maps installed, didnt work. Browser didnt work. Deleted
4. Browser is unstable at best
5. Can't set up EMAIL doesnt even list it as an option in the set up wizard only BES listed
Im scared to try Facebook app cos my head might explode!! My high hopes have faded fast. Can anyone offer some advice, i thought it would all be so easy.
08-15-2008 08:08 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Take two aspirins and answer some questions please
1 I am not familiar with Viigo so someone else will have to help you on that.
2 Blackberry maps gives no maps just a series of diagonal lines like a bad TV picture?
3 What failed in Google maps? You said "Browser didn't work deleted) did you delete the browser as well as
4.Define "unstable" in Browser
5. Please read and see if applicable.
08-16-2008 07:45 AM
Ive taken 2 asprin,
1. Fair enough, thanks. Anyone else?
2. Not like bad TV picture, its like a graphical drawing maybe even a loading screen can even lay down markers (red ones) can write in address nothing happens.
3. Google maps got to 10% on install after download and came up with an error message, when i came out of it and went to the browser it didnt work once as soon as i deleted google maps the browser worked again.
4. Will work 1 min then not the next, although at least this works!! some of the time...my headaches returning ;-)
5. Read what?
Thanks for the welcome and the response
08-16-2008 08:48 AM
Sorry, it was late!
Stting up BB and email
08-16-2008 09:01 AM - edited 08-16-2008 09:02 AM
If you just got the device, I would return it and get a brand new one. The BBmaps especially concerns me, as it doesn't even display right. The intermittent browser is not normal either. Why not get a brand new device and not take the chance of getting one with a potential software/hardware problem?
Just my opinion.
08-17-2008 02:35 PM