Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

BB curve 9300 trackpad jumping around on screen.

HI,

I have bought a new BB curve 9300 about 3 months and all of a sudden last night the trackpad started jumping around on screen. If I move it one place up it jumps down or to the right. Please help. This is really very frustrating.

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: what?

Re: BB curve 9300 trackpad jumping around on screen.

[ Edited ]

hi
i have the same problem.
i have had my blackberry for maybe 3 and a half months. 2 or 3 weeks ago the trackpad strated playing up.
its very difficult writting an sms or even just reading sms'

this is not what you'd expect from a phone / company like this.

it also seems that it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact any sort of human being at blackberry to have this problem rectified.
the only thing the phone shop can do for me is send off my phone to BB for it to be fixed. however i will be stuck without a phone in this period of time as they dont lend out temporary ones. why should i pay a monthly contract for a phone if i dont have the phone for ages?
 in fact it was fulty
i am very dissapointed with blackberry. my last blackberry also caused me lots of grief. in fact it was faulty after afw months. got i replaced then the trackball didnt work properly for the last 3 months of my contract

i would greatly appreciate it if SOMEONE FROM BLACKBERRY COULD CONTACT ME!!!!

EDIT: removed personal information

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

nothappywithbb wrote:

i would greatly appreciate it if SOMEONE FROM BLACKBERRY COULD CONTACT ME!!!!

As part of your Data Plan, your carrier is responsible for service during warranty once the shop warranty has expired.

If the carrier cannot fix the issue then THEY can escalate it to RIM.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: TMobile

I am now on my 5th 9300 in 6 months time, each one has developed the same track pad issue as well as random symbols, that I cannot reproduce anywhere on the phone, showing up instead of the letter I typed. This current phone went bad in 3 hours! the gentleman at the TMobile store was very helpful and took care of transferring my contacts and photos from phone number 4 that he had confirmed for me the issues were due to a bad/corrupt phone. All the previous times I have spent time on the phone with TMobile tech support doing everything others have listed on this forum as a way to fix the problem...none of them cure the problem! I have had new media cards, new SIM cards, new OS....you name it it has been done. I feel like I am being condescended to anymore when I talk to TMobile...hate that! Don't tell me "I know how frustrated you are". I have finally been referred to RIM to deal with their tech department directly, initial conversation - and reading things here- does not have me feeling very confident RIM will do anything to "fix" the issue as it seems like it is as issue that RIM does not want to recognize. TMobile has offered to replace my 9300 with a Samsung Galaxy, originally I refused because I like BB. Now I'm not so sure. I just want a functioning BB that will keep functioning and not need to be replaced every month!!! Is that too much to ask???