Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BB desktop doesn't see internet connection

ARG...I am trying to learn how to sync my calendar at work to BB....when I go to sync. and then under configuration go to sync, it says I need to connect to the internet first.......I AM connected.....????

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB desktop doesn't see internet connection

I have the same issue. It's been working for a year. Now Syncing gets "needs internet" ... which is there. BB Storm software loaded is 5.0.0.328  DM is 5.0.1 . DM is able to check for updates through Internet connection. But Sync or Sync Configuration gets that same error. Other boards had same error from a year ago. I hope it's solved.

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm here to tell you that this problem is still alive and well as of Jan 28, 2010.  I've tracked through every support forum I can find.  I've de-installed, cleaned up the registry, re-installed the Desktop mgr., tried going back to older versions ( that once upon time worked) and more.   3 days and probably 15 hours of trying to solve this problem including 1 hour each with Verizon and Blackberry tech support has yielded no solution.    Most curious of all is that I can get Blackberry DM 5.0.1 to work on a laptop that never had a DM installed, but not on the desktop that I really need it to run on.    RIM needs to FIX THIS debacle.  There are literally hundreds of people experiening this problem and no one seems to have a fix. 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'm having the excat same problem even after I followed the steps they listed here.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16471&slic...

I even turned off my Firewall and I still can't sync.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I just got it to sync after I turned off my wifi connection

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

My SP doesn't know what to do. I've turned off Windows Vista firewall and WLAN connection and it's still giving me the same error. I'm running AVG anti-virus. Any further insights here on how to get it to work?