Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sprint

BB desktop manager (DM) keeps asking me to update to 5.0 & i'm already at 5.0

I've already updated my phone to v5.0.0.699, yet the Desktop Manager just said that there is another update available for my phone (The OS, not one of the apps.)

everytime i connect to bb dm v5.0.1 i receive this message:

Updated versions of the applications listed below are available for your device.

and it lists

bb 5.0.0 core apps

bb api library

bb app world

bb crypto 1 lib

bb crypto apps api lib

bb ldap browser lib

bb maps

bbm

bb sec email lib

brazilian port lang sup

email setup app

ehanced gmail plugin

help

password keeper

docs to go

now.. i KNOW i have all of these app updates because when i bought the phone, it was on these veresions. 

BUT...  i was sooooo annoyed w/this recurring message i went ahead and clicked 'update now' went through the 30min upgrade of my entire bb and the very next time i connected to bb dm... i received the same exact message.

super annoying.

anyone know WHY this is happening?  is there a way to stop DM from stating i have to update. i've tried turning off check for updates automatically, and it still pops up this message.

of course i can just continue to hit 'cancel' and perform my syncs, but it would be nice to know if there is a fix/way around this.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

New Contributor
My Device: 8530

Re: BB desktop manager (DM) keeps asking me to update to 5.0 & i'm already at 5.0

I think the BDM has an option to uncheck the check for updates

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: BB desktop manager (DM) keeps asking me to update to 5.0 & i'm already at 5.0

thx, but as you see in my original post

"  i've tried turning off check for updates automatically, and it still pops up this message.  "

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Telus

Look like you're not the only one mate.

I'm having the exact problem. very annoying indeed.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

My first BlackBerry Storm 2 recently died. Starting rebooting partially, then flashing a white screen with a small "RESET" window, then rebooting again, over and over.  Had upgraded to 5.0 a few weeks before.  Verizon gave me a new Storm 2, but I keep getting the same "do you want to upgrade" message before every sync, even though the phone already has 5.0.  Yes, I don't think we're alone.  Look forward to a solution.