Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB desktop software 5.0

I'm trying to install my software on the PC but it keeps saying the installation files cannot be validated. Please verify the installer package and try again. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone please help me rectify this?
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: BB desktop software 5.0

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Are you trying to install a version you downloaded, or from the disc that came with your phone?

What are you installing to; PC? Mac?

What computer OS?

Let us know!

----------------------
"Cats may taste like chicken, but they have more bones than rabbits."

Blackberry 101
Tips & Tricks
Videos to learn from on youtube
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Its the disc I got with the phone and its on my PC Pentium 4, windows XP.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

It is possible that something has gone wrong with the media. I suggest you get a fresh download from here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................