Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

BB desktop software wont sync contact entries with no last name or company name

A second problem with organizer sync on my new improved BB 9930 with latest level desktop software. I had been using an 8850 and syncing contacts, calendar and memo pad with Lotus NOTE's for some years now. Just got a new 9930, updated to latest desktop software etc..

Set up sync and the desktop software comes up with an error screen saying that multiple records were not sync'd. The window shows some 38 contact records. Each one has a small icon with an "I" in it. Click on one of them and a sub window opens that shows the record and indicates that contact records MUST HAVE A LAST NAME OR COMPANY NAME in order to sync.

The fields of the record are shown on the screen and I can click in these fields (thinking I could just put something in there) but I cant edit them in any way.

More frustrating it that I cant print out the list of records or save the list as a text file so I can go back into the address book and edit these contacts. In other words, I have to write them all down by hand so I can subsequently go into the address book and edit all of these records to add something in the last name or company name fields.

WTH????? Why does the sync software choke on a contact with no last name or company name? Particularly, why did it never choke before when sync'ing with my older 8850?

If it's going to choke, why wont it print out the records so I can find them or allow me to modify the fields directly tight then and there????