Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700 Onyx
My Carrier: Rogers

BB desktop software

Re: BB Bold 9700, OS 6

I cannot restore saved messages. "Saved Messages" in the applications list is grayed out and is apparently a read only file. Neither can I restore a critical information app called "Password Keeper". Also grayed out. Critical info that is backed up but unrestorable. Can't believe such nonsense. Anyone help me pls.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB desktop software

Saved messages should be included in the main Messages backup. If you restore your main Messages, you should have all of your saved messages as well.

As to the Password Keeper, I'm assuming you just upgraded or reloaded your OS, correct? If so, double check to ensure that you reinstalled Password Keeper to your phone. If not, you will need to reinstall Password Keeper. You should then be able to restore your Password Keeper database.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!