Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Du

BB enterprise server connection problem

Since moving to the UAE I have had no problems with email etc via BB enterprise server from my employers in the UK.  However, the company recently changed IT arrangements and I am working through a different server in France. I cannot connect to the b e server in France ( I have wiped phone, have new password etc although I still have same sim card from local UAE phone company as I must keep same local phone number)

My system administrator can load my email on a BB in France  yet I cannot do it from here nor in other countries. My administrator says it is the local phone companies fault but I had no problems prior to server switch and I have full BB service such as BBM. The local company advises I have full BB service and the problem must lie in France.

Any ideas? Each party blames the other and logically I feel it is a French problem yet using the same logins, a bB can be loaded with my email at the French office.

Any ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB enterprise server connection problem

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the late reply!

Given the late reply, I'm going to make some assumptions...if you read this, please confirm/correct as applicable.

You have a BB in UAE on a UAE carrier, with a "full BB service" plan. But, is that a BES or BIS level plan? They are different. From what you state, I think you had BES-level services with the server in the UK while you were on this same BB on this same UAE carrier and in UAE...if so, then it's not likely a problem with the carrier since your plan from them would have had to be BES-level in order for you to activate with the UK server (though you can never be positive).

Another thing to test is for your BES admins to move you back to the UK server and see if you can get it working again.

Another thing to ask your BES admins is if the IT Policy from the UK may still be resident on your BB and somehow blocking your ability to activate to the France server. You may need to cleanse your BB completely of all IT Policies and start over, letting the French server conduct an initial activation (rather than trying to move the BB from UK to France, from the perspective of the BB that is).

I was considering recommending that the BB be sent to France to see if it can activate there (using a different BB in France to activate is not quite the same thing), but that may not be useful...it's normally better to have the BB running on it's "home" network when any activations are conducted.

Beyond that, I'm out of my realm...your BES admins need to work this out with you, your BB, and your carrier to get you going. If they (your BES admins) need more assistance, there is a BES-dedicated section of this site where they can seek help from other BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................