Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

BB logo next to my 3G coverage keeps on disappearing on my BB Curve 9320 . What can I do?!

So. A few month's later, I brought myself a phone. It was going perfectly, but it had some issues. Next to my 3G symbol, I had this little picture that looked like a bb logo. And when I acess the internet, I can use it for data things. (2 weeks later) I was very happy with my internet, but that little symbol kept on disappearing. Please help me get it back!

-Mehmet Dogan

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Re: BB logo next to my 3G coverage keeps on disappearing on my BB Curve 9320 . What can I do?!

[ Edited ]

The blackberry icon indicates a BIS connection. I have the same problem. This usually happends to me when I'm connected to BIS via wifi, then leave the wifi area. I have to manually turn off cellular and turn it on again to get connected. Verry annoying when I don't notice then realize I haven't been receiving my BBMs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BB logo next to my 3G coverage keeps on disappearing on my BB Curve 9320 . What can I do?!

I found this problem happening with release 7.1.0.523 (or 569) on the all BlackBerry models. Try upgrading to 7.1.746, the current release for the 9320. Although this update is for a different carrier, there's an easy way around that, see this page for links and instructions:

http://crackberry.com/official-os-710746-now-available-blackberry-curve-9320-and-9220-xl-indonesia

* BONUS: This update adds the ability to customize the LED colours for incoming calls, and texts, and other notifications. *

New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Thanks, I'll try that. My carrier must be slow - I'm still on 7.1.0.398
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks! But when I plug my phone in my laptop, it opens BB Desktop (not a bad thing) but when I go on apps, it shows downgrade bb applications core. What does that mean? Please tell me.