Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea cellular
Accepted Solution

BB maps on torch

[ Edited ]
Dear Sirs,

I have purchased the Torch 9800 in December 2010 from a store in Belgaum city of Karnataka state in INDIA.

<Personal Content Removed>

Due to some application problem( Foursquare app to be specific) my torch started to reboot itself in a loop and I had to reinstall the OS for my torch at the service center 'Wintech Services' in my city who are authorised by Redington.

But after the reinstallation, the blackberry maps , social feeds and the preloaded games dissappeared.

Some how I came to know about the social feeds and got the same reinstalled at the service center.

Later I realised that the BB maps are missing as some 'Maps and Navigation' based applications calls for BB maps, and after running those apps, it says BB maps not installed.

I have tried to reinstall by giving my mail id on the blackberry website. The website mails a link for bb maps, but as we go ahead, it seems to be a bb maps installer.

This bb maps installer doesnot show itself on my torch 9800.

I am aware that the BB maps do not work in India, but I frequently travel to Europe and I guess BB maps run very well there.

Therefore kindly help in reinstallation of thye BB maps on my Torch 9800.

Thanks in Advance for your efforts ,

Best Regards,

B.D.Badan

<Personal Content Removed>

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB maps on torch

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums! 

What' you'll need to do in order to get BB Maps back on your device is to download your current OS onto your PC, then reinstall BB Maps via the Desktop Manager (DM) software.

You can get the DM software here:

Instructions for restoring applications can be found here:  https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea cellular

Re: BB maps on torch

Thanks a lot, it worked wonderfully and easily. This makes me like my blackberry more now.