Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 0799237809

BB protect: Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad_gui:Class 'net.rim.device.api.iui.theme.Themes$Writer' not found

Hello there.

• I am using a blackberry curve 8520. It came with version 4 of the OS. I upgradede it yesterday, 15 feb to version 5. After the upgrade so far I am experiencing 2 technical problems.
  •  1 is with the blackberry protect app. which when I launch give me this error message: BB protect: Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad_gui:Class 'net.rim.device.api.iui.theme.Themes$Writer' not found with an OK button. 
  • 2. When I enter the blackberry app world it give me the following message: A BlackBerry Idenity update is neeeded. Would you like to install it now ? yes/no. The problem here is, it never installs, tried it the whole day yesterday as I am still trying it now. I have rebooted the device, removed battery and sim several times. Still. This is what it give me instead. Blackberry idenity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003).

Sorry if I am askign basic questions but I am not a techy person at all. Thanks in advance, 

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB protect: Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad_gui:Class 'net.rim.device.api.iui.theme.Themes$Writer' not found

Hi and welcome to the forums!

We need to fix your issues in reverse order.

The Blackberry Protect program requires a valid Blackberry ID to operate.

(To use BlackBerry Protect you must have the following items:
• BlackBerry® ID account
• Data plan from your wireless service provider)

I suggest we use KB29613 to fix the Blackberry Identity problem.

Once your Blackberry ID is established you can access Blackberry App World

and download the latest version of Blackberry Protect.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

User Guide - BlackBerry Protect

Security Note - BlackBerry Protect

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter