Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB running Pocket PC software? Is there an emulation software? or is it possible without that?

I am a new owner of a BB Curve 8310 and need software that only exists in Pocket PC or Palm OS.  I'm assuming that it won't run on RIM OS.  Is that true?   Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

Re: BB running Pocket PC software? Is there an emulation software? or is it possible without that?

That's true.  You can go to the RIM web site and search for saftware to meet  your needs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BB running Pocket PC software? Is there an emulation software? or is it possible without that?

I've searched and searched.  I see many articles and links etc for BB emulation by other PDAs and phones, nothing going in the other direction.  If anyone sees one, would you send me a link, please?  Thanks!  Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

Fogive me, but if you wanted a Pocket PC or a Palm, why in the world did you buy a Blackberry?  There is a reason why there are simulators for a BB, it's far superior to Palm and Pocket PC.
New Contributor

I don't want a Pocket PC or Palm, I want to be able to run a certain piece of software.Smiley Happy

Phranc wrote:
Fogive me, but if you wanted a Pocket PC or a Palm, why in the world did you buy a Blackberry?  There is a reason why there are simulators for a BB, it's far superior to Palm and Pocket PC.