Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BB10 Deleted Item (potential) incomplete sync

(Note: I have moved this out of the thread re:sticky for Outlook configuration for BB10 sync...separate topics...)

I am seeing more posts concerning this random deleted Contact Item synchronization issue with Hotmail/Outlook.com, and it is beginning to worry me more and more. So I made a sticky seeking replies with that specific behavior (so as to add to my own test results, published separately):

Here is the specific behavior (with Hotmail/Outlook.com synchronization enabled):

1. Create Contact item on Z10 or PB
  2. After sync, delete via Hotmail (or using other device)
  3. No matter what is done or how long you wait, the deletion does not properly reconcile back to the device that created the item (blatantly visible on PB, more subtle on Z10 due to ability to see "all" versus hotmail sync contact list)

If you come across posts that include the behavior, please ask the poster to put a post into that thread with their details. As an alternative, you could also put a post into the thread, linking back to the post/thread that reported the behavior. I am very concerned that this behavior represents something underlying the entire ActiveSync implementation with BB10 (and PlayBook), but reported evidence (beyond my reliably repeatable tests) will help bolster the case so as to get it properly escalated (or at least to say if this is indeed WAD).

Please do note the PPS in that sticky thread (disabling PUSH)...while not optimal, that would be the first thing for someone to consider if they are having sync issues.

Please also note that I'm not trying to create a Public Relations fervor over this issue...rather, to just gather substantiating cast studies so as to bolster the case for review by BlackBerry.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................