Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 8330 Curve
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

BB8330 Bell v4.3.0.124 - How to append a "1" to Canadian or US long distance numbers withput the smart dialling option?

Hi...I called Bell to see how to append a 1 to my long distance numbers and they said go to options>smart dialling however my BB8330 doesn't have / or display the smart dialling option under "options".  Currently my long distance nubmers are programmed within contacts showing the 1-800-XXX-XXXX but when I dial the number, the display doesn't show the "1"  the operator says the number can't be completed as dialled, please check teh number and dial again...which means I have to actually dial the number with a "1" myself.  It's a pain.  What's the point in storing the long distance nubmer with a "1" if I have to do this all the time?  Anyone have an answer?  AGAIN...my  phone doesn't have the smart dialling option. I've tried to fidn it under other headings but no luck, and can't find anything on-line that helps so far.

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB8330 Bell v4.3.0.124 - How to append a "1" to Canadian or US long distance numbers withput the smart dialling option?

Your phone does have the Smart Dialing option.  From the homescreen hit the green phone button.  Then hit menu key (left of trackball) and go to Options.  Then select Smart Dialing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB8330 Bell v4.3.0.124 - How to append a "1" to Canadian or US long distance numbers withput the smart dialling option?

Also, the v4.3.0.124 number...is that your OS version?  That doesn't sound right.  Please start a new email and in the body type "myver" without the quotes and hit space.   What number shows up when you do that?  If it's 4.3.0.124 then you really need to update your OS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BB 8330 Curve
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thank you - that worked.  Your instructions were much clearer than those given by technical support at Bell!!  Awesome!