Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9000

BB9000 battery life shortage - Quick power drainage

I've had my Blackberry Bold 9000 for over 30 months now and never had a problem with battery life, but after replacing the original battery, it has been running low quickly and wont last the day, while warming after I run other apps (but not those which communicate all the time over the network (GPS location, SMS anouncing etc).

I even tried switching batteries (either cheap Chinese or 46-euros-BB-made original) with no success. I am not running bluetooth and Wi-Fi or any untested new application.

My only concern is that my device memory is almost full  (could this be the problem? - I noticed a delay on boot-up time and a long time to re-register music/video etc files - in a 4 GB media card).

My OS is 4.6.0.266, which I re-downloded and re-installed without change in BB9000 behaviour.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BB9000 battery life shortage - Quick power drainage

I'm having exactly the same issue

It started a month or so back and I assumed the original battery was shot so I changed it for a genuine Blackberry replacement but it didn't improve anything.

I installed Battery Watch and it shows the charge dropping gradually to about 70% over 6 hours, then falling off a cliff to 0%

I also am getting messages about no free memory

A colleague has exactly the same problem with his 9000 too.

I suspect some rogue app/update