Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Rogers

BB9900 Unable to send text; "Mobile equipment status failed". HELP PLS

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm on a brand new Rogers-store-bought BB9900. I recently upgraded from my 9000.

Ever since the first day, whenever I send a text, half the time it would have a big red X beside it with a message saying "mobile equipment status failed" right under the text. I have to resend at least once or twice for it to go through.

I can receive everything just fine, incl. all data-related things.

I have called Rogers support 8 times now to no avail.

I am on the latest version of OS7.

I have tried 30s battery pull (multiple times)

Rogers has "refreshed" my network 3 times.

I have re-registered with the host routing table. 

I have ensured the network to send over is "Circuit switched"

Data coding is set to "7 bit"

I have tried (from Rogers' recommendation) trying JUST 2G mode, JUST H+/3G and H+/3G & 2G each separately for a long period of time. Same problem occurs.

This error is occuring everywhere, not just indoors. It occurs with full bars + coverage, and low bars. 

The only thing I haven't done is a complete OS reload. This is what rogers has told me to do because they have no idea what the issue is. The problem is, when I first got the phone (it was factory default), it was showing the mobile equipment status failed messages as well. So, I have tried explaining (but they won't listen), that a OS reload will simply bring me back to square 1; aka factory default, where the error has already previously occured.

Please help!! This is really irritating, especially since I have had this phone for only 4 days. 

Thanks so much.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: BB9900 Unable to send text; "Mobile equipment status failed". HELP PLS

I tried an OS reload, the problem does NOT get resolved! And I would like to see a fix to this too!!!!!
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I'm not sure where you are located, but I have been having the same issue. Funny thing is that it only happens when I am in Waterloo, Ontario. I leave once a week and my SMS messages go through perfectly when I am out of town, however only when I'm here in Waterloo does it happen. 

I'm also on Rogers, and some of my friends with iPhones have been having some issues too, however it seems alot worse on the 9900.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

I believe this has to do with the actual network hardware, i have no issue at home. I live in the gta and never have an issue, currently in drumheller, alberta and i have this problem intermittently, i had no issue in calgary or edmonton.

Has anyone found out how to fix this problem??? This is extremely frustrating. I reinstalled OS, battery pull many times, deleted tons of emails and messages thinking it may be a memory issue.

COMPLETELY FED UP WITH THIS PHONE, THE 9900!!!

Called Rogers and spent hours on phone, with no solution.

I see tons of posts regarding this issue, so surely BlackBerry has a FIX??

Hey guys I had the same error on the same phone with Rogers and went through all the steps they say and nothing so I got pissed off and chucked it on my carpet from my room. Then when I picked it up and turned it back on it was fine. I'm sick of this phone since I got it I have had problems. **bleep**ty phone.