Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

BB9900 suddenly started to stick on vibrate, and now won't turn on!!!

Dear helpful blackberry techies!

About last week I was taking some pictures on my phone that day, when suddenly my phone started to vibrate in my pocket and would not stop.  All the keys were frozen, and it was on constant vibrate, but the screen was on.  I took the battery out, and reinserted, and tried to press the on key, but it only blinked red twice and kept vibrating constantly, without turning on.  I tried to reset it with the keys, do a safe mode reset, and take the battery out completely and plug into my computer, but nothing worked (except the vibrating which continued with the battery out, but the bb plugged in to my comp).  My computer doesn't even recognize it. 

Any suggestions as to what it might be? Is there a way to just shock the thing into a reset by pressing some hidden button or something? I have searched for days, and haven't found many similar posts

I would rather go in to a repair place knowing something about it because I have called several and have gotten quotes from $50 to $200.  One place said it might be the logic board and that I need to replaice it, another said it was the vibrate node on the phone, and if removed, phone wouldd work fine, and most said "just get a new one," which kind of **bleep** me off coming from a repair place.

Blackberry 9900 bold

1.5 y old, no problems before this

OS 7.1

6.3 Gigs

Thanks all!

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: BB9900 suddenly started to stick on vibrate, and now won't turn on!!!

Hi..

This seems to me as the Hardware issue.. need to take to the service centre or replace it if a mojor issue. . 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yup. Sounds like it got wet. That's usually what starts the vibrate motor on it's own like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

[ Edited ]

ok Thanks all! I hope it works, because repairs are only guaranteed for 3 mo. Iwill update after the fix.  btw for the second poster, there was no water damage to the phone, not even raindrops.  I will update after I fix.