Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900

BBDS 7.0 B60

Hello,

I installed the new BB Desktop Software on my Win7 64bit with Outlook 2010 (64bit).
With the 6.0 there was no problems.

My Problem is, that when I plugged my Bold 9900 to my Computer, the Sync give me a Error:

"The MAPI-Registration was failed. Run Outlook with the selected Profile "Outlook", and try it again."

I can´t select any other Profiles except "Outlook".
I tried this: delete config, uninstall, restart, ccleaner, install, new config...but the problem is still there.
I´ve googled that, but I read only MAPI in context with Exchange, but I have no Exchange, I use Hotmail as BIS.

What can I do, to sync my Bold with my Computer?
Am I have to go to 6.0 again?

Contributor
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Re: BBDS 7.0 B60

I have the same configuration as you, and am getting the same and other errors. I eneded up uninstalling and removing all V7 folders, and re-installed V6.0.0.38...everything works fine again. V7 obviously has problems that should have been ironed out before releasing it.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Same problem here.  Managed to roll back to 6 on the desktop, but the laptop's uninstall went wrong apparently.  There is something left somewhere and I have no way to find it.  (Registry has been cleaned and everything).

So I can't install Desktop 6 because it says a newer version is present, and it always finds an error re-installing version 7.0.   I am now softwareless for the laptop. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would re-install the V7 software to get the registry keys, etc. back again. Then try uninstalling again. Happened to me once and this was how I managed to remove it. Make sure you delete all Research in Motion Folders in Program Files (x86), Program Files (x86)\Common Files, and under User (Yourusername)\Appdata\Local after you do the V7 uninstall. Then reinstall V6.

My Device: Bold 9900

I´ve uninstalled it, but I don´t find the 6.0.0.38 @google etc.

Could anyone give me a link to the Version?

Highlighted
Contributor

Try this link...i have never used it, so check the download for viruses,etc. 

http://www.gadzonemobile.com/2011/11/app-blackberry-desktop-software-v6-1-0-bundle-38/