10-13-2009 02:20 AM
My feedback about the new BBM
- Cute smilies
- display picture is nice
- much colorful
- I can see the contact's status msg without the pain of checking the contact's detail
- lovin' the category thing very helpful for BCing
- group is amazing we can share stuff and assign tasks and schedule things / loved the most
- the BC is very nice it is actually aswesome becuase we can choose the contacts we can even choose the categories
- the style of chat is awesome I can choose wt I like from the options
- sending picture sucks. I can't view before saving. So I need to save first so I can view i guess bcuz the new bbm's ability in sending big files, but sometimes it fails.
- the chat suddenly freezes if it was a very long 1 and I can't see wt I'm typing the only fix is to end and start new 1. and if i am in group Chat it freezes so i need to leave the group and join again, and if my chat freezes the other contacts in the group chat freezes too "did u get it? hehe"
- when we join a group, it disappears after rebooting my BB unless i was the host. it is bad thing and good thing.
I don't hate the new bbm, I am actually loving it. But I hope these small bugs will get fixed soon. waiting for a new improved update
10-18-2009 05:23 PM - edited 10-18-2009 05:25 PM
Chews up more memory in half a day than I used to lose in an entire week.
No way to turn it off - if you're in a Group but need to use your phone for serious business (not just play) this is a huge disadvantage. At least I can sign out of Yahoo Messenger if I can't afford to be bothered. Someone should have considered that a Blackberry is the premier business tool - not just a play toy.
That said - the group is a nice feature and I use it and like it.
10-20-2009 11:02 PM
I have to say that I'm not a fan of the new BBM. I don't use the group feature so any benefits that others may see are lost on me. In fact, nothing that Shag points to outweighs the absolutely horrid way that pics are sent. Nothing against you Shag : ) . My wife sends me pictures all day of the kids. Use to be they would just appear and I could look at them when I got around to it. Now I have to accept and save each one at a time and the download is SLOW. What a PAIN!!
Not to mention that if I'm listening to Pandora when I go to view the picture, Pandora shuts off. AND, on top of that, if I'm listening to Pandora on my head phones and she sends me a message, the regulur speaker turns on as the message is being transmitted which annoys me and the other folks in my area.
Overall, this strikes me as the classic "It looks nicer so it MUST be better" kind of upgrade. I'll be downgrading as soon as I can.
10-23-2009 05:32 PM
I love BBM 5.0 but the groups apsect of it needs work.
When in a group there should be a way to sign out of the group so that you don't receive the notifications. When there are 30+ ppl in a group and everyone is talking....it drains your battery. And you can't turn the notifications for the group off without turning notifications for all BBM msgs off. Meaning I'll miss msgs that I should be notified for. We need a 5.1 or something that clears that up. Also, there's no way to send a file/pic/ringtone/voicenote to everyone in a group via bbm. when I tried to send a prerecorded voice note, it only allowed me to record a note to send. not what i wanna do. i can only send it via email or mms to the person(s). No dice.
overall the new msgr is awesome. I am loving it. And excited about any new app developments.
10-26-2009 01:26 AM
Has anyone noticed that the Contact Info button, Scroll up, and Scroll down arrows all scroll the contact list down. Also, the first time you press the button it jumps down a few contacts.
10-27-2009 12:38 AM
BBM 5 Su c k s!, it's really lame..