Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BBM 5.0.0.33 Status Not Updating

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

First of all, i want to say nice forums! its the first time i have logged into these, and they seem much better than any of the other ones online! good job rim! 

Anyways, im hoping someone can help me out.

I had a bb tour through telus. On the old bbm, (standard rim released one) i didnt have any issues updating my status. Even on the leaked bbm 5.0 i didnt have any issues. But now on .33 bbm my status WILL NOT update. I have tried everything! (updating OS, downgrading OS, removing bbm to old, then redownloading bbm ota, and restoring contacts (3 ways, remotely, from my local backup, and via dtm) no go, no matter what i have tried nothing will work.

So then, i get a new bb bold 9700... figure, you know what, im not going to restore my contacts. im just going to re add them all one by one, starting off with bbm 5.0.0.33 to see if this will clear any bugs, and hopefully let me update my status.  while im adding people back (i get to about 30 contacts, and they can all see my status updates.. YES! I WIN! so i start re adding everyone .. (by everyone i mean approx 160 bbm contacts) so i get everyone back, didnt restore my old list at all, i re-added everyone ONE BY ONE. and guess what! now my status wont update again.. Smiley Mad Thats just a few hours of my life i wont get back.. lol ....

Ive come to the conclusion that once you get above 70 contacts your status stops updating.

i have called Telus Tech Support, Fido Tech Support, Tried Posting it on a few other forums, and nothing. Please help!

Also, You can see im not the only person with this issue here or here!

Any help is greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM 5.0.0.33 Status Not Updating

I "believe" based on nothing at all, that some of the BBM v5 servers are still being doofus.

Last week the BBM v5 avatars would not sync, now the status messages won't sync for people (you are not the first to notice or ask). My first reaction is to say give it a few days and see if it self-corrects.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

i would love to believe that it were the servers, however, im beginning to think that its just .33 itself, because ive been having this issue sense i changed to this version of bbm... sense day 1....  i know its only a simple thing, but its an annoying simple thing.. lol

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Likely the servers. If it were purely the software itself, everyone would be reporting the issue, my updates are working perfectly, along with thousands others.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I have the same issue I have THE bold . i tried removing and adding the the BB again with no luck its very annyoing ! 

i solved this by deleting my contacts and keeping them under 100 contact! i use to have 140.. ! now 95 and my status is updating.. everyone i know have the same problem tried it and it works.

A2

I had the same problem with the new bbm 5.0. I did a little experiment  with mine & came to a conclusion that i had to keep the contacts limited to 86 atleast for it to work, which i think is lame but it went back to normal & it showed my status updates and the changing of my availibilty signs. 

Hope it helps! Smiley Happy 

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having the same problem! It's so annoying. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, changed BB models, everyhing! I've concluded that after 100 BBM contacts, your status doesn't update! I tested it and that's exactly what happens, if you keep it at 100 and below, your status updates. I've deleted contacts just so I can update my status! It's ridiculous, the leaked version of BBM didn't have this issue. I've tried absolutely everything. I'm now at 101 contacts compared to how many I used to have and indeed it is not updating. HELPPPP!!!
My Device: Blackberry pearl 8130
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Hello people,

I have been reading the posts and they are all interesting but what i have to say may throw you for a loop unless im not understanding properly. I have a Blackberry pearl 8130 from Telus and im having concerns updating to 5.0.0.33 BBM messenger.

I know you all are giving great advice to fix this in regards to contacts but i have 30 BBM contacts and still unable to update. Unless you were talking about the contacts in your Address Book...(not sure)

Telus provided the link while using BBM and when i go to the "update" portion and it launches the Telus Browser i says "forbidden to view page" or i just get an HTTP error. Im not sure what to do. I have OS 4.5.0.169 . Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ETISALAT

[ Edited ]

The problem is still present & I don't know why its taking RIM this long to fix it, its present in Blackberry Messanger version 5.0.0.33, 5.0.0.57, 5.0.0.66 but its fixed in the new blackberry messenger 5.0.1.38 but the I hate the new version because anyone with weird characters in his nickname his box gets very large and the other MAJOR issue is that when you broadcast a message it doesn't get delivered to everyone, tested and sure 100%, thats why blackberry messenger 5.0.0.57 and 5.0.0.66 is much better but it has this only 1 annoying bug which is that you CAN'T change status messege when you have more than 100 contacts, RIM please fix it Smiley Happy ?