Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Old carrier

BBM 7 - Delete - Contacts

I want to delete BBM for a while.

I have backed up my contacts through the blackberry desktop software because there is no option to back them up on BBM like before right?

If I delete it, will it be possible to restore my contacts?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM 7 - Delete - Contacts

Actually, what happens since BBM7 came to exist is that your BBM contacts are automatically backed up "to the cloud" as part of your BB ID. Refer:

• KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

I believe the answer to your question is therefore "no".

What I do not know about is if you simply delete BBM and re-install it later, are the BBM contacts retained in the cloud and restored when you re-install BBM...I think that answer would be "yes", but I've never tested that for myself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Old carrier

Re: BBM 7 - Delete - Contacts

Thanks Smiley Happy