Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

BBM 7 Does Not Open

Hi There, I was hoping someone could help me with my blackberry. I have the Bold 9900 and I installed the upgrade for BBM 7 and now am having issues. It keeps prompting me for my Blackberry ID and password, which is fine because I know it; but everytime I enter it I get a screen that says "associating BBM with your Blackberry ID" and then eventually it just times out and I get the error message "the server is not responding. Please try again later" I keep re-trying and re-trying though and it's still not working. I've tried changing my Blackberry ID password to ensure it is correct, I have also tried uninstalling and renstalling BBM numerous times but the same thing happens over and over. I don't understand it because I can use other apps and the internet, it's only BBM that doesn't work. I read on other posts that BBM 7 requires the time zone to be correct and I've made sure mine is updated and its still not working. Any help would be really appreciated as I LOVE my BBM lol and am having trouble living without it. Thanks so much!

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM 7 Does Not Open

Are you connected to WiFi while doing the BBM > BBID connection?

If so, try turning off your WiFi connection and trying it only over the mobile network.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the exact same issue...I have deleted and reinstalled a number of times, with and without WiFi and still nothing! Where can I get an older version of BBM? This sucks. So tired of RIM, I am seriously considering to making to move to Apple....don't want to do it but I haven't had a very good experience with my blackberry lately...upgraded less than a year ago and I bought a lemon Smiley Sad. Please someone give us a fix!

jack, really, you want us to help you (mind you, we are BlackBerry 'fan boys' and knowing this is a user-to-user community support forum (we are not RIM/BlackBerry employees) you choose to trash our brand whilst asking for help?  If I visited your home and first declared your food was awful and your spouse is ugly, I don't think you'd be too inclined to be nice, would you?

Please open your BBM 7 app > Menu key > Options > About BBM, what version do you have installed?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sorry, I am not trashing "your" brand. I happen to love BlackBerry and have been a user since I had a cell phone and swore I would never convert, this is just very frustrating and at this point I just want it fixed! I have had to send my Curve in to be reparied 3x now and I get it back and this happens....very discouraging. Please accept my apologies, and if it makes you feel better my food would be awful because I don't cook...I have now deleted the version I had but it was 7.0.0126...I have a BlackBerry Curve 9360 and it runs to BB 7.1.0 OS

New Contributor

In addition, I can't even open BBM 7...I just type in my BB ID and it tells me it "can't connect to server, please try again later"...I have been trying for 2 days now

Understood... thanks.

There is a new version released yesterday in BlackBerry BetaZone, but my personal advice would be not to upgrade to it yet.

My advice for now, until RIM gets the BBMessenger version 7 working less "buggingly" to downgrade to BBM6 (you will lose the Voice feature).

Use your BlackBerry browser to go to http://theiexplorers.com/OTA/#BBM

Get the version for OS7.1 since that is what you are on.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your help! I just spent the last 2.5 hours on the phone with RIM. They totally wiped my phone and I had to do a Software update but even after all that BBM 7 is still not working on my device. They are investigating it as they had received other calls about it while I was on the phone, and they will get back to me. They believe it is a server issue. I will update once I get a reply from RIM. Thanks again...

Sure.

Meanwhile, you can install the older version.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Just wanted to give an update that Blackberry fixed the issue with BBM 7. They were doing work on one of their servers and that's why it was not connecting for a lot of people. The server has been fixed and anyone that was having this issue should be able to now download BBM 7 without issue. Thank you for the link to the previous version but unfortunately I never did a back up of my contacts (dummy move) so I lost all my contacts, but now I have BBM 7 and all my contacts back! Thank you again for your help. I was very happy with BlackBerry's customer service...I am a happy BB customer again! Cheers!