Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blacberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

BBM 7 not registering

Hi, I have just upgraded to BBM7 with BBM voice and it will not register with the Blackberry messenger service.

I get the error message:
"Blackberry Messenger failed to register with the Blackberry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure your device time is correctly set, open the My Profile screen and check the Blackberry Messenger registration status" 

The other fuctions seem to be working properly.. i.e. I can talk to people on chat.

I just can't see any of the new fuctions..

I can't find a solution anywhere for this. 

Please help! 

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Smartphone

Re: BBM 7 not registering

same as my problem. i also got the same error . somebody help us with our problem

Contributor

I've just unintalled it and am re-downloading it from my laptop. others have said this worked for them, I will let you know if it works for me!

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Pleace how can I download bbm 6.2 back because bbm7 is not working
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3g

I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me mad! I have uninstalled and reinstalled BBM 7, I have pulled the battery for a restart, I have gone to 'host routing tables' and re-registered them (and received an email to confirm that re-registration has been effective) but all to no avail. I did wonder if the rim server was being overloaded after sending out so many update emails? If you find a definitive resolution perhaps you can post a detailed method to sort out the problem..Fingers crossed.
My Device: Not Specified

I have experienced this issue all day.  In the end I went into the Blackberry Mobile Network Options and forced the phone to 2G Only - with only GPRS the handset immediately registered BBM to my blackberry ID and BBM7 was operational. 

I am on Vodafone UK.  Hope this helps?

Contributor

This hasn't worked for me Smiley Sad neither did deleting and re-installing! it's driving me insane! I wish I could just go back to the old version!

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Ɣ☺ΰ can
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

the correct and official link for BBM6 is here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: