Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Etisalat

BBM 7 on bb curve 9360

Hey there, my friend told  me to update my bbm 6 - to bbm7 for which he sent me a link and after installation my bbm was gone. He has tried everything to get bbm on my fone but it doesnt work. He told me to update my app world. I did that and dl desktop manager which i have done as well. I still do not have any bbm on my fone  when I try to dl it bbm from app world it says blackberry messenger unavailaible for this device! PLS HELP! been without bbm for 2 days now! Its killing me! Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BBM 7 on bb curve 9360

How did you update the AppWorld Software?

Did you try going to Blackberry.com?

• Choose your Country
  • Choose Menu (on screen not device)
  • Choose Apps
  • Choose BlackBerry App World
  • Choose Upgrade Today
  • Follow the steps

You will likely need to reboot, then update your BlackBerry ID, reboot again and I think you'll be fine from there.

Let me know...

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Etisalat

okaay so Im very new to updating OS. this was the first t...

okaay so Im very new to updating OS. this was the first time I upgraded my bbm through a link my friend sent me on bbm, he said it worked for everyone. yes I had downloaded app world upgrade from the website. he told me to then download desktop manger downgrade my OS to 6 and said everything should be bak to normal..I have rebooted my fone several times. nothing i do seems to be working Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Blacberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: tatadocomo

Ohhh so dt means I need to upgrade my hand set Smiley Indifferent
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

No, I said exactly the opposite.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hey thanx for the patience..... But some how......iv already re installed BBM 6.2.........
N I'm still greedy >_<
Cz my frnd has those 16 new emoticons.....
I can adjust without BBM Voice..... Bt still want those Emoticons..... Am in India... N I know its not here yet...(Also Not in UAE) .. Bt my friend in India has those Emoticons... N another friend in Dubai has BBM voice.... So ths is making me try try n try. Smiley Very Happy. I hope ur getting me Smiley Wink
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

greed is not good Smiley Happy

I have OS5, so BBM7 is not available on my main BlackBerry either.

I strongly advice you to not "try try n try", because you may fall in a loop that is not expected and ruin your BBm for good (or worse).

I will simply wait to receive the AppWorld notification, telling me when BBM7 will be downloadable by my device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanx Smiley Happy Ill do the same Smiley Very Happy. *hugs*