Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

BBM 7 vs Viber

I have installed BBM 7 and works well on WIFI ,is there a way to have this work over 3G or EDGE also the Viber for Blackberry really sucks to the core the voice quality isnt that great as compared to the same app being used on I-phone or Android based phones.Is there a fix?

Shayak Munshi
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM 7 vs Viber

Hello Shayak

BBM 7 works on 3G or EDGE ( your Carrier network ) , but the Voice calling feature available on BBM 7 is designed to work over an wifi network . So if you want to use BBM Voice call then you had to do it over wifi. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105, BlackBerry Curve 9220

Bold_4_9900 wrote:

I have installed BBM 7 and works well on WIFI ,is there a way to have this work over 3G or EDGE also the Viber for Blackberry really sucks to the core the voice quality isnt that great as compared to the same app being used on I-phone or Android based phones.Is there a fix?

Please be advised that aside from BlackBerry Messenger 7, you must subscribe to BlackBerry Internet Service to take advantage of all the native BlackBerry applications (BlackBerry App World, BlackBerry Protect, etc.).

Make sure as well that you see the BlackBerry logo beside the network (3G with BlackBerry logo) in exception of EDGE and GPRS (maybe because of the lack of space where the BlackBerry logo should be).

The network should be in all caps as well like 3G, EDGE, GPRS, H+ --- instead of 3g, edge, gprs, h+.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join me on my BBM Network as well as BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: 2A5706AD
Twitter: @sesa_jeckieboo | @i_am_jecka
WeChat: Sesa_Domina_Jecka | i_am_jecka
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have used BBM voice on WIFI,my question was if there was any tweak or cheatsheet to have the same work on 3G or EDGE and if any updates being released by Blackberry for same.Also whats the best thing to have the voice quality improved on viber for Blackberry I have not had a pleasent experience using the same over WIFI or 3G.

Thanks & Regards

Shayak Munshi

Shayak Munshi
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No. There's no way to steal data when you're not connected to wifi. Off wifi, you use have a BIS data plan. You've been told that on other threads.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code