Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

BBM 7

I don't entirely understand BBM 7 Voice Chat availability, what makes you un-available? Can someone clarify please
New Contributor

Re: BBM 7

FYI I mean the availability in which to start a Voice Chat, NOT availability of devices.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ifyou question is "how can I use BBm voice", then I suggest you read this article from the BlackBerry blog.
They also provide a youtube tutorial on that great feature.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/12/new-bbm-7-voice/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I have already watched the video and I know how to use it, the thing I don't get which isn't explained in the video is the Voice Chat availability of contacts
Guru I

on the video, it is explained what are the conditions that enable you can use Voice chat with another BBm contact, and how to do it (they showed the three methods).

What is your question?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Three methods? And what I would like to know is whilst both you and your contact have BBM 7 and are both currently connected to WiFi what makes them unavailable? I've been in a chat with a friend, we both have BBM 7, we're both connected to WiFi. I can receive bbms off her yet she's unavailble for Voice Chat
Guru I

while in a chat with your friend, what is the color of the icon in the top right corner of your phone ? and of her phone ?

the video I am talking about is this one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXsxzm3rY4M
the three methods are explained starting 1min14.

New Contributor

The icon on her phone is green, so she can start a voice chat with me but the icon on mine is grey so I can't start one with her and vice versa. Oh okay, I'll check this video out
Guru I

when she is in a chat with you, the green icon means your device is ready to receive and send BBm Voice.

On the other hand, the grey icon on your phone means that her phone is not ready to receive or initiate BBm Voice.
So there is something on her side that is not properly configured. What is her status in BBm ? Is she using her home WiFi or a public HotSpot ?

Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Her status is available and she is using a home WiFi connection. Thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated