Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

BBM DOESN'T WORK

when i click on bbm is says setting up blackberry messenger then after a while is goes to a blue screen and just stays there for ever! It's so annoying i only just got this phone and it was all working fine until i did the most recent update! please sort it! i think it may be a bug? i have no idea? i can't access it at all just looking at a blue screen. I have the blackberry torch 9800. Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM DOESN'T WORK

Hi carrie-28131

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently apart from BBM are you using other Proprietary BlackBerry applications Emails , Facebook for BlackBerry without any issues over your mobile network ?

On your Homescreen go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status now ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

everything else is fine. It says Connection:Not Connected 

Elite II

carrie-28131 wrote:

everything else is fine. It says Connection:Not Connected 

Hey carrie

Are you sure everything else is fine Smiley Happy

Reboot your device by removing the battery while your device is powered on , after reboot check again the status for BlackBerry Internet Service , If it shows the same as " Not Connected " then you need to call your Carrier to know they were having any problem with network or the problem is within your account . 

BBM will not work unless it is connected with your mobile network .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

awww Smiley Sad is there anyway without calling my carrier or do i have to tell them an then get it fixed?

Highlighted
Elite II

Hey carrie

Sorry .. But yes you have to consult with your Carrier O2 , because currently your device is not connected with BlS ! It Can only happen if you don't have any active BIS in your account or if your Carrier O2 is having any issues with there network .

I'm sure your Carrier will sort out this problem , so please give a call to O2 !

If issues with BBM persists even after your device is connected then post back. 

Good luck.