Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Old carrier
Accepted Solution

BBM Deleted

Hey, i was on bbm and all of a sudden my screen went white. Fter that the phone rebooted itself. When it came on i went to go on bbm but the icons missing. I have tried many options, such as : - rebooting again to see if everything recovers - checked on application management which shows bbm is not installed - gone to appworld to install it again but its already installed :/ What shall i do to get it back, shall i wipe mydevice??
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM Deleted

Hello Mazzie

Please no need of a device wipe , first you should try reinstalling BBM !

To do that first delete any existing version of BBM from your device :On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

• KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Thank you, i have tried what you said as I went to apllication management and it shows bbm has been seleted, and when i go on appworld it says bbm is installed :/
Elite II

Hi Mazzie

As I said first delete BlackBerry Messenger from OPTIONS > Device > Application Management > Delete BBM , reboot your device and then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download it again. 

If even after Install you're unable to locate your BBM icon then please refer to this Knowledge Base to be sure that it is not hidden :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

Try it again .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Thats what I did :/ and it is not hidden
Elite II

Hello Mazzie

If On device you're getting the same message then please connect your device and run Desktop Software Click On Application > Wait till the list refresh your Appliactions , scroll down and locate BlackBerry Messenger  on right side you will get a Cross Mark X click on it and Apply to delete BlackBerry Messenger completely from your device , Your device will restart , after restart use the link again and download BBM .

Try it again .

Contributor

Thank you, I followed your instructions and now have BBM up and running!Heart

Elite II

Hi Mazzie

You are most welcome .. I'm Glad that your issue with BBM has been resolved Smiley Very Happy

Cheers !