Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globacom (Nigera)

BBM Groups Quandry

I recently switched from Bold 9700 to Curve 9360. My groups appeared to be be taking ages to migrate (in fact it looked as if they had stopped migrating as there was no activity).

Anyways, long story short, when I started using my Curve 9360 after the migration, several of my BBM groups indicated being recovered and then 'waiting to join'. The waiting to join message was there for a week without my groups coming down.

Of these groups, I was the sole administrator. Other members are still in the groups, but seeing as no one can delete or re-add me, question is how do i go about rejoining the same group?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM Groups Quandry

i'm having a similar problem. i cancelled the "waiting authorization" and i just asked someone to reinvite me. that worked. give them your PIN and they can reinvite you to join.

HOWEVER, my old user PIN is still showing up (esp where i'm administrator) and i can't seem to switch it over or change the administrator or even delete that user. i don't know if you'll have the same problem as me... but i have yet to resolve this portion of the problem.

good luck with getting added on there.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globacom (Nigera)

Hello dtkuo,

thank you for your suggestion. However, as I stated:......"I AM THE SOLE ADMINISTRATOR....." Therefore, your method CANNOT work for me.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

sure thing. let me know what you discover. i have a similar issue and would REALLY like to get the same thing resolved without having to get into making an entirely new group...