Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Etisalat

BBM Groups - conversations in group chats are always missing!

Hi, I'm a relatively new BB user.  I belong to 2 BBM groups.  All the group members are my contacts.  In every single BBM group chat I miss parts of the conversation.  It is very random what I miss and how much I miss.  I can't follow the chat generally there is that much missing.  There isn't a pattern, ie somedays I can see say contact x and y and the next day x and z.  The chat never catches up, ie the missing conversation text never comes through hours later.  I own a curve 8520 and my BBM group chat screen looks different to all my friends, they have later version BBs.  I have version 5.0 software.  I did an update for BBM via appworld, removed battery, left the groups, have been re-added and still no luck.  I have no problem ever with regular BBM chat one-on-one with any of my contacts, only group conversations.  My service provider have been no help despite multiple phone calls.  Any ideas?