Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Vodaphone

BBM Icon Disappeared

I have a blackberry curve, 8310 and am currently with Vodaphone. I'm running on version 4.5.0 and just tried to download the 5.0.12 version of bbm. It says it has installed on my phone but the icon will not show up. I have tried every thing posted in other discussions (wiped my handheld, reset, restart, delete, reload and have tried restoring from my backup on my desktop). I have downloaded the handheld software recommended on a number of forums as well as the desktop software. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 3g
My Carrier: orascom telecom

Re: BBM Icon Disappeared

Maybe its hidden by mistake...you can press on the menu and when the tray opens press the menu icon another time and press show all maybe it will appear
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

eratclif wrote:

I have a blackberry curve, 8310 and am currently with Vodaphone. I'm running on version 4.5.0 and just tried to download the 5.0.12 version of bbm. It says it has installed on my phone but the icon will not show up.

press and hold the menu key (the one next to the green key). That should invoke the application ribbon. There will be at least 5 icons :

• home screen
  • phone app
  • Messages app
  • Browser
  • and BlackBerry Messenger

click on the last one, it should bring up BlackBerry messenger.

if this does not work, it means that my memory is failing. It's been a long time since I used an OS4.

do the same but instead of pressing and holding the menu key, press and hold Alt key, then press the escape key (a bit like Alt-Tab in Windows).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

If you still haven't found bbm on your phone then the following should work .. Go to your homescreen, then the options folder, then it should say either device or applications or application management, once you have clicked onto that u should find blackberry messenger, you will have to delete it from there by pressing the bb button then selecting delete, then simply download blackberry messenger again, the icon should then be in its original place, let me know if that works for you Smiley Happy