Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 3g
My Carrier: tata docomo

BBM Icon Missing

Using Pearl 9100

I got an upgrade notification for BBM to 7.0, after the upgrade system restarted and the BBM icon is missing. I tried below mentioned steps to regain BBM :-

1. Soft Reset
  2. Hard Reset
  3. Security Wipe

Still no luck on regaining the BBM icon.

Also, tried reinstalling but getting error “Unable for this device”. I was able to use BBM till yesterday.

Request you to kindly look at this at your earliest opportunity.

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 3g
My Carrier: tata docomo

Re: BBM Icon Missing

current OS version is 5.0.0.972
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi anup1301

Sorry for the late response ! The recent version Of BBM is currently  not available for India ,You can download BBM version 6.2  on your device for that  from your BlackBerry Browser Click or type this www.blackberry.com/bbm ,then Scroll down to the Buttom there  you will see the link to download BBM 6.2 for those countries where currently BBM 7 is not available like India ,UAE ,Qatar,Bahrain or Morocco . click on that link to download ver 6.2 . 

Or please refer to this article  HOWTO : install BBm 6.2 if you have trouble with BBm 7 .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

to reinstall BBM6 :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: