Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BBM/Internet stop working

knottyrope wrote:

reset your APN settings to the default from the menu under TCP IP (the same place where APN can be disabled):

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP > Menu > Reset to Defaults .

I disabled APN and the browser is twice as fast now.

I dont have any apps that use APN either that I have noticed.

Did you the above?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch-ure
My Carrier: att

Yeah, i tried it right away.

tried with APN default or disabled. no luck Smiley Sad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

and you disabled it and tried a battery pull while device is on?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Yeah, more than once.

The first time it happened, att kept telling me that the service towers in chicago were down (for three full days). i called it BS and wiped and restored and it worked right away. i had lost all the photos from the memory card, although i selected it not to be wiped, but i learned for the next time.

i guess i'll just wipe it again and next time it happens, throw it to the wolves Smiley Wink

thank you for your help so far!!

Guru III
My Device:

What OS version are you on? so we can keep track of this issue.

in a message body type MYVER and a space after to see it

New Contributor

i just wiped and restored and it works again...

the version is 6.0.0.141

the software update says 6.0 bundle 278 and there are no further updates available.

hope this helps!

Guru III
My Device:

Just curious about what apps you are using if any.

Also disable APN for now and see if it works for a while.

If it happens again, see if APN was enabled and try to remember the last app you used.

I have not had this issue on mine or the other 4 units at my office yet.

New Contributor

The first time it happened, i was using BB app world. installed an app, and after a reboot, the bb internet service was 'down' for 3 days.

yesterday i was using the bb native browser and it seemed kind of slow, i.e. it wasn't reacting to click on a link, so i decided to reboot (with alt+shift+del) and after it rebooted the internet was down. tried pulling the battery and additional reboots, but no luck until today's wipe.

the other times, i really don't remember.

Guru III
My Device:

next time it happens please come back before you wipe it.

I would like to see what happens if we do a host routing table reset and possibly resend service books.

wiping device will do the above, but you will be losing info unless you back it up.

On the handset, go to:
Options - device- Advanced Options - Host Routing Table

press BB button and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

Wait 5 minutes.

There is also a service book area in your BIS account online.

you can try resending service books as well.

Let us know what you try next time.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have noticed that this happens after every battery pull/reboot, in addition to randomly from time to time. No app seems to be conflicting with this as I tried using the phone as it came from the factory, A week later, after first reboot, it happened again. I toggled the APN and it fixed it, but only to happen again randomly. No real solution. Btw the APN toggle doesn't always work. There are some times where nothing short of security wipe would save the phone.