Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BBM Notification shows up but there is no message.

. Someone sent me a BBM last night and I got the notification but there was no message.  This happens about 2 or 3 times a day. Also, my recent updates list keeps refreshing and showing me the same updates over and over again. At least once a day it shows recent updates for my entire contact list at the same time and most of the updates happened days ago. I'm not sure what I should I do.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BBM Notification shows up but there is no message.

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Student

Hello,

i had the same problem and the software reboot worked for me.

thanks, it was starting to drive me crazy

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

i have the same problem and both the soft and hard reset didnt work. any ideas how to fix it?

Guru I

nadimn wrote:

i have the same problem and both the soft and hard reset didnt work. any ideas how to fix it?

home screen >> messages application >> menu >> search

do a search for all messages of all types in all folders, that are unread. You should find the BBm notification and be able to delete it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Singtel

I have the same problem. I tried everything and its still there!! Please advise me on what I should do. I searched but still could not find any unread messages. 

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Had the same problem.  Did an application update (can't remember which one) that forced a reboot of the device.  When it restarted, I had the BBM New Message indicator...but didn't have ANY messages in my Inbox, Saved, BBM, Phone List, etc.

Having tried different things and doing many hard reboots (remove battery) without success, I upgraded my BBM from v5.0.0.230 to v5.0.1.38.  When doing so, a Pending BBM Contact Request which I [IGNORED] months ago showed up in my list.  When I deleted the entry, the New Message notification disappeared.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

****100% Solution***

1. Eliminate all “ignored contacts” in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select “OPTIONS” search “ignored Contacts“, then click “EDIT“, tick all PIN contacts and click “OK“.
(Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

2. After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES.
Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card.After that reinstall your battery without the sim card.
Let your BlackBerry Handheld restart without sim card.Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, you’ll see what’s causing BBM messenger notification.

3. Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld.
Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.

Thanks

Vishal Mulchandani

(Vishal.Mulchandani@gmail.com)

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Du

i've faced this issue more than a time and the best solution was to backup your contacts in blackberry messenger application in the menu and the options and then backup contacts,,, after you backed up your contacts you do the same procedure and restore your contacts for the contacts restore in options BUT "all the personolized statuses will be cleared" try it it will work...

best regards and good luck

Guru I

what is a "personalized status" ? you mean the contacts name?