Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Telus

BBM/PIN tracking

Could you please tell me if BBM's and PIN's can be tracked, logged and/or recorded through microsoft exchange or any other way?

I thought that they were completely secure but am hearing different from others.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM/PIN tracking

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is an article that may be useful:

BTW...Exchange has no play in this. BlackBerry Enterprise Server is what is at issue, and the article talks about what can be done via BES. This article has been vetted out by BES admins that I know and trust.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks so much.  Very helpful.

Are all Blackberry's linked to BES?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

No. BES is typically a corporate environment, though there are some resellers of the service on a public basis. Most BB's use BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service, the service, hosted by the carriers/RIM, that enables the proprietary personal-level BB services. In that link, you saw reference to BIS...that's because, when you subscribe to the BES-level service from the carrier (which you must do if your are going to be activated on anything other than BES-Express), that typically also includes the personal-level BIS services (via the carrier). So, that article discussed what, of your BIS-level (personal) services, can be "snooped" by your BES admin.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: T-mbile

yes or no ?
Hall of Famer III

S-Richardson22 wrote:
yes or no ?

Hi and Welcome to the community!

Yes or not what? The linked article above has all of the answers...is something about that not clear for you? If so, please be specific.

Thanks.