Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

BBM Temporary Server Error - RESOLVED!

Good News All...

I, like others did a recent upgrade to the Z10 software as prompted. I am sure that the upgrade triggered the issue with my BBM, as it worked perfectly before. Also, the upgrade enabled voice, etc. on BBM.  I repeatedly tried to work through the steps (again, as prompted when opening BBM) of allowing BBM to associate my BB ID. Step 1 would complete leading me to select my associated email address....then the hanging....then the 'server error' message. I tried this over and over this weekend.  This evening, I decided to chose the other option available in 'step 1' of the associating process. I selected the option for the 'New to BBM' user. I figured I had little to lose, as I could eventually get my contacts back. Seconds later, I was fully connected! All of my contacts are in place! The only thing I had to do was replace my now blank user profile picture and message.  By the way, the entire time I was fiddling with trial after trial of associating my BB ID, I was receiving BBM's.

I really hope this solves problems for others. It seems like someone dropped the ball during regression testing of the upgrade. 

Otherwise...lovin' my Z10!

Cheers!