Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bmobile

BBM UPDATE NOT WORKING

Hi, I have a blackberry curve 9300 and the new bbm voice upgrade isn't working for me at all no matter how many times I've tried downloading it then deleting it and so on and so forth. All my friends are getting through with the update except me and I simply cannot understand ! I even tried reseting my phone to it factory settings and it still hasn't worked. The message I keep recieving whenever I re-install it is "Blackberry messenger failed to register with the blackberry messenger service..........."  I have no idea what is causing this.....I have deleted and reintalled the bbm voice over 10 times. Getting tired now -_-  I went into my desktop software in an attempt to re-install the previous version of bbm (version just b4 bbm voice) but the desktop software is only allowing me to download bbm 5 on my device and I really don't want such an outdated version. If possible is there a link to the previous version of bbm b4 bbm voice that I can download? Or can you tell me how to fix this problem with the bbm voice update? THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bmobile

Re: BBM UPDATE NOT WORKING

I found a temporary solution browsing through forum posts!! However it isn't one for the problem with bbm 7 Smiley Sad I was able to download bbm 6 (the version just b4 bbm7) for the time being instead of having to go back to using bbm5 Smiley Wink All you need to do is go to this link http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 via your browser on your device (because the link doesn't work on the computer) ..............hope this helps anyone in need Smiley Wink