Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800

BBM accounts - 2 different phones

I recently updated my husbands BBM account on his Bold 9900 phone.  When he logged in to BBM thereafer it became the same as mine (with all my info).  I have a BB torch 9800.  We both use the same email address and have had separate profiles for BBM for several years.  Now they are as one.  I let him have the use of the BBM on his phone and now I have nothing.... Is there any way to remedy this?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM accounts - 2 different phones

Hello bev774

Welcome to Support Forums

This newer version of BBM integrates with our BlackBerry ID, You're having this issue because you and your husband are sharing the same BlackBerry ID. So to resolve your issue one of you have to wipe your device and have to use a new BlackBerry ID. First do a backup and then use a new BlackBerry ID on any one's device , refer to this Kb for help :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

But if you're unwilling to change to wipe your device then you have only one solution , and that is on one of your device you have to Delete BBM7 and install any previous version like BBM6.2 . To do that first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to or Click here   http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6

The choice is your's so try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.