Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Claro

BBM adding contacts issue

Hello

I have an awkward issue since over a week ago with blackberry messenger.

Originally i don't remember having it, i think it is recent and i don't know what happened.

The problem is when i try to add a contact by using pins or scanning bar codes, the request is sent and when it is accepted, two different things happen:

1. The contact is shown in my contacts list, but i can't see its name, only its pin, and when i message the contact, i get D in all the messages, they are delivered and the contact can see them, but can't reply to them, i don't get anything, except voice chat calls, but when i answer, i can hear what he is saying, but he can't.
  2. The contact remains in the pendings list, like if the request was never accepted (even thought it has been accepted). And i waited over a week for some contacts.

The awkward thing is that i can add contacts from my country without any issue, i can see their names when accepted and chat normally.

I read forums about this same issue (from some time ago) and tried some suggestions, but nothing worked, Some of those suggestions are:

1. Use the menu option, invite to bbm and enter the pin
  2. Security wipes and restoring bbm
  3. Different blackberry ID's
  4. Unistalling and installing back bbm, from both the device and desktop software
  5. Reinstalling blackberry OS

When a contact sends a request, i can see it and accept it but when i do so, the contacts go to pendings and i cant add bbm users from android and iphone, not even with the bar code scanning, they get my request but when accepted, it disappears from bbm and i can't get request from them.

The inalambric service provider sent the service books and it didn't work and that's all what they can offer to do.

Before i had issues with email accounts, i was not getting my emails but i could send, i solved that by creating another blackberry id, but that wont work with bbm.

I tried adding some of those same contact with another blackberry phone and it worked, so the contacts are not the issue.

These problems i've had started after a trip, my phone was without service for over a month and working with wifi only, thats when i stopped getting emails and notice the issue with those, with bbm, last week.

If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM adding contacts issue

Hi frank5690

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently are you able to use email services on your BlackBerry without any issue with sending and recieving ?

Locate an area where you have strong Carrier data coverage then try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

First try those steps and let us know the results

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Claro

prince2012

Thanks for replying

I don't have any problems with email services, i can send and receive emails. That was a problem i had before, by the end of August, I did all what you explained then, and it didn't work. What i end up doing was reinstalling the blackberry OS and using a new Blackberry ID, then i configured my email account again and it worked.

The problem is with BBM, for some reason, i can add some contacts, but i can't add others, i thought it was an issue with international contacts, but yesterday i added someone from other country (USA) and it worked, although it was a contact i had before, I lost that contact after changing my blackberry ID, and since i've been restoring my blackberry from back up files i have, i was able to recover some of those contacts, but i'm still unable to add others. I tried restoring my phone to default factory settings, and it still won't work.

Some contacts get my requests but when they accept it, i'm off of their list and if they send the request, i don't get it or after accepting it, it goes to pendings and it stays there.

I can't tell when the problem started, cause i don't remember when was the last time i tried adding a contact to bbm before 2 weeks ago. The only thing i did to my phone before this issue was reinstalling the blackberry OS and using a new blackberry ID to be able to use emails services again, and by the way, with the past blackberry ID, i was not able to configurate BBM either, it would try to restore BBM but it was taking long and it finally said there was an internal error that i should try restoring it later, i did that, and it never worked, that's why i created the new blackberry ID, email services worked, but not sure if this is the cause for bbm not to work properly.

I had other blackberries before with this same service (curve 8520) and bbm work perfectly, now i have a Curve 9220, and my guess is this problem started after my phone was out of service coverage from my provider, while i was away, but again, i can't really tell if this problem with bbm started then or i just noticed it till then.

Thanks for the reply again and hopefully, there will be a solution for this which i hope it won't be replacing my blackberry.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello frank

Thank you for such detail explanation ,If you allow me I'll ask and consult with few friend of mine about your issue and let you know. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: pearl 9105
My Carrier: mtn

i have the same problem. i accept the invite but it doesnt  shows as pending on my side yet the contact invited

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 9105
My Carrier: mtn

any solutions to this problem