Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BBM and SMS

For the past couple of days Ive been having problems with my blackberry messenger and SMS. It first started with my texts not sending and reciving and for me to send them i would have to switch my phone on and off. Then my blackberry messages wouldnt send and now im receiving messages that had been sent hours ago and my contacts are receiving messages that ive sent already :-/ has anyone else had this problem or got a fix? I was considering a software update?

Cheers!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM and SMS

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I've tried this a few times and this hasn't worked :-(

cgreen88 wrote:
I've tried this a few times and this hasn't worked :-(

Ok, what else have you tried, so we don't have to go through all the "do this", "done that already" back and forth?

Sounds more like a network problem to me, honestly.

When you send an email message, does show checked as sent... or continues in a sending mode?

If it is affecting both SMS and email messages, it really does appear to be your network. SMS and Email are sent over different channels, and if it is affecting both, then there's very little on the BlackBerry itself that can be done.

Do you notice your signal level low at anytimes?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well the reboots all I've done, and switching it on and off. I actually work for the network and I've done everything I can for the sms which seems to be ok at moment and emails have been fine. Signal is fine also. Just the blackberry messenger is main issue and the network doesn't support it so we don't have any fixes for it.

cgreen88 wrote:
I actually work for the network and I've done everything I can for the sms which seems to be ok

Ok. Smiley Happy

For the BlackBerry Messenger, then it could be the RIM network. Give it a few days and see if it clears up.

cgreen88 wrote:
 the network doesn't support it so we don't have any fixes for it.

What does that mean? Do you mean that your mobile provider network does not provide the BlackBerry Data service?

Knowledge Base Updates