Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 3g
My Carrier: VIrgin Mobile

BBM and email problems

I got my Blackberry Curve 3G a few months ago without any sort of data plan, but I recently got a plan with unlimited BBM and email services, and the service provider contacted me that it was set up. However, when I try to add contacts they don't go through and I can't seem to set up my email either. I tried taking out my battery and restarting it but that didn't help either. What do I do?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BBM and email problems

Confirm with them that you have a blackberry data plan.  I know they said it was was setup, but check again.

From your device try to register your host routing table:
OS 5 Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table >press menu key  > click Register now.
OS 6 device, Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > press Menu key  > click Register now.

Also tell them to send the service books to your device.

You can do this yourself, but get the carrier to assist.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. I'd call Virgin and CONFIRM the correct data plan for the BlackBerry has been provisioned to your account.

2. Follow the steps below.

Things you might try:

1) Register HRT:     (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key  > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced... etc.

2) Resend Service Books:   KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Hopefully that will get things going.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm slow... more caffeine coming. Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code