Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe

BBM and other apps wont work even with wifi

I use a blackberry torch and i've had it for about 2 1/2 months now, I've been subscribed to a data plan but normally when i pause my data plan subscription, my BBM, twitter and FB would still work as long as i'm in an area with wi-fi such as my house. Before, under options > service status, it would indicate under Blackberry Internet Service and Blackberry Enterprise Server the connection: "wi-fi". On my home screen, it's usually 3G or GPRS (i think) with the mini-logo of Blackberry beside it. Right now, I'm not subscribed to a data plan but can't access my twitter, facebook and bbm even with a working wi-fi connection. The browser works perfectly fine though. Right now on my home screen, it only says "gprs" (not capital letters) and does not have the mini Blackberry logo anymore. WHAT HAPPENED? This change just suddenly happened 3 days ago and I've tried some threads here in the forum such as,

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-smartphone/BB-Messenger-won-t-work-with...

Following the reboot tip or the host routing table advice given in the topic, but it didnt work. WHAT SHOULD I DO THAT DOESNT INVOLVE A DATA PLAN TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I'm just bothered cause it used to work perfectly fine. HELP PLEASE!! thank you!

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM and other apps wont work even with wifi

Sorry, there's not a workaround to get something you are not paying for... no BlackBerry Data Plan = No BlackBerry data features = no BBM, email, etc.

I know you said it worked temporarily in the past, but you can't expect that. At any time the device recognizes it is not connected to BIS, the BlackBerry data will stop flowing.

Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code