Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Galaxy S4
My Carrier: SAMSUNG

BBM became so slow in everything

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 with android 4.3, when BBM was first released on android its speed was reasonable, but after the second and third update it became very slow in everything specially when I try to open a chat or whatever, I though it's because of the chat history and cach memory -even thoug it's small- so I cleared it, but it still slow, so I uninstalled the BBM and installed it again and it still the same, it is slow in opening and closing the conversations, opening the updates view, contacts view, but the most slowness I face when I try to open a conversation, I first tab on a conversation, then it show the contacts status bar and the actions bar with a gray or white background (where the conversation should appear), it takes about 5 seconds to show the conversation text, then about another 5 seconds to allow me to press any thing because the keyboard still didn't show up, then it show up, then it takes me to some where in the middle of the conversation, not the end of it, then I scroll down untill I reached the end of the conversation, by that time I lose in interest to read it, then I try to tab on the back arrow to go to the BBM main screen which also takes the same time, then I get angry so I press the phone home button to get red of this suffering, but it freez for 2-3 seconds, then I promise my self not to open it again...

did any one face the same problem?

Does any one know how to fix it?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: BBM became so slow in everything

I Faced it on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT- 19082 on Android 4.1.2 .. It was seriously as slow as you told

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Mine works fast. Maybe you have too much apps in your S4 and deleting some of them will resolve your issue. And try to free up your device memory.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

What about my Grand ? It has almost 1 GB of free space and I keep clearing Ram Memory - Whatsapp and Viber works the same as BBM but the Facebook and Twitter app works fast

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
New Contributor

I have small number of apps installed, and I have more than 5 GB free memory, all apps works fast and fine, except BBM.

Forums Veteran I

You tell me, my friend. You're developer one.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Forums Veteran I

I'm not sure what's the cause. Temporary network problem, BBM version (my BBM is 1.0.3.87 version), glitches in some apps and media card..? Never happened with my S4.
But I will check with my carrier first if there's problem with my BBM. Hopefully they can explain for our BBM issue.

New Contributor

do you really think there is a chance that my carrier and yours had some issue that affected BBM in the same time ?!

because I don't.

Highlighted
My Device: note ii 4.3
My Carrier: samsung

I installed with versi 2.0.0.13 on samsung note 2, android 4.3
why slow and often cannot be used...??
easier to use and faster than previous version.
can you help me..??