Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: MTN

BBM contacts restore after an OS upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1

Torch 9810, OS 7.1, SD card support with 14G free space

After an upgrade of BBM8.5, my phone could not complete booting fo several time until I flashed it but with OS7.0, this did not restore my BBM contacts; I used my computer to restore phonebook contacts and other data but BBM contacts still was not loaded.

I re-installed BB8.5, still to no avail. 3 days later I was re-prompted to sign in with my BB ID and I got all my 181 BBM contacts back. (Is this a remotely initiated action?)

After this I re-installed BB OS 7.1 and again I lost my BBM contacts. I have tried everything possible to get these BBM contacts but no way; but I am sure it is somewhere in RIM remote server.

These are my questions:

• Does BB OS 7.1 supports the easy backup and restore of BBM contacts just as it does for phone contacts?
  • Can you make it easy for BB users to be able to restore BBM contacts as it is possible with phonebook contacts?
  • On the custom restore option on the BB Desktop software, what is tab to select for BBM contact restore after an upgrade/update?
  • Does Blackberry protect saves BBM contact details?
  • Is there an unshared info/law that must be respected in getting back BBM contacts, like "wait 72hrs after an upgrade before getting back your BBM contacts?????????

I do not have problem with Phonebook restore at all. That comes easy with my computer back-up but BBM contacts restore is a pain in the neck! Please help.

NB: I need to add that various suggestions seen on the site have not worked and I saw that my suffering on BBM contact restore is almost becoming an epidemic!!!