Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9105
My Carrier: T Mobile

BBM contacts transfers

Ok so heres what happened. Like two years ago i bought a blackberry pearl 9105 like 2 years and like 6-8 months ago BBM stopped working but i wasnt too bothered but then when i tried updating it it disappeared completely which was also a couple months ago so it has basically been lost. But now, i am planning on buying a new blackberry curve 9320 and would like to have the contacts i had on BBM back but i do not have contact with all the contacts i had on BBM. Is there anyway i can recover the contacts or transfer them to my new phone when i get them. I had backed up the details of everything i believe with blackberry protect and still know my email and password so if i use that, could i get it back? My old bb pearl does not work at all, doesnt connect to the internet of BB app world or anything. I cant put a usb into it either as the bit on the phone is broken

Could i use my email and password to somehow get the contacts to the curve.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BBM contacts transfers

Hello TheNoobHunter

Welcome to the Community

Blackberry Protect does not include BBM on its backup. You have to either back it up using the Desktop Software or using BBM's Backup/Restore Management. Hope this answers your question.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Student

Please Help!
I can't my display picture on my bbm!
I mean I change it but there's no notif in my recent updates and my friends on my contact list can't see my picture' changing.
I have try to reinserting the battery and reinstall the latest version of bbm. But it didn't work. Then what should I do? Smiley Sad
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Student

Please Help!
I can't change my display picture on my bbm!
I mean I change it but there's no notif in my recent updates and my friends on my contact list can't see my picture' changing.
I have try to reinserting the battery and reinstall the latest version of bbm. But it didn't work. Then what should I do? Smiley Sad
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

It would be more secure if you keep a local backup on your computer as well. We'll never know if something happens. This might help you in recovering BBM contacts.