Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BBM does not work for Blackberry Curve 8520

Thank you for this thread - it solved my problems with BBM

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: sun cellular

hey gud evening....also that is my problem...i can't use BBM on my blackberry curve 8520,and also i just downloaded facebook but it's not working on the model of phone i am using right now....plz help me..!!
New Contributor
My Carrier: orange

Hi, I'm having the same problem and I've tried doing that and blackberry messenger isn't there, should it? 

My Device: curve 8521
My Carrier: 441856851113

I look at that and it says that I don't have that. What do I do?

Raelic wrote:

Alright, you tried the battery pull already, I wonder if you have the correct service books for it.

Options>advanced options> Service Book. Is there one in there for Blackberry Messenger?

My Device: BB 8520
My Carrier: fido/rogers

I HAVE AN 8520, THE BBM STOP WORKING A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, IT GIVES ME A MESSAGE THE NOT ABLE TO CONNECT, INTERNET WORKS/ WHATS APP WORKS, BBM, BB PROTECT OR APP WORLD DOESN'T WORK... I HAD MY CARRIER DO EVERYTHING, RESET, TOOK OUT BATTEREY, STILL DOESNT WORK

Reggie
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mosibat wrote:

I HAVE AN 8520, THE BBM STOP WORKING A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, IT GIVES ME A MESSAGE THE NOT ABLE TO CONNECT, INTERNET WORKS/ WHATS APP WORKS, BBM, BB PROTECT OR APP WORLD DOESN'T WORK... I HAD MY CARRIER DO EVERYTHING, RESET, TOOK OUT BATTEREY, STILL DOESNT WORK

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see post 20 above and conduct those steps exactly as written. Sorry, but "everything" is not something I can possibly interpret, so I've no way to know if you've already done these exactly as written.

Lastly, why on earth have you let your carrier off the hook for resolving this? Think of it this way...you pay them for all of your services, and they are not delivering some of them. Don't let them fob you off.

Good luck!

PS -- you might benefit from this article as well:

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

i am having the same problem ish... my bbm has been working then just stopped an the recent updates box has disapeared aswell want to try and delete bbm an then re install but cant find out how to delete bbm? do you no how too

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kimberley06 wrote:

i am having the same problem ish... my bbm has been working then just stopped an the recent updates box has disapeared aswell want to try and delete bbm an then re install but cant find out how to delete bbm? do you no how too

Hi there...sorry for the delay, I've been away on an extended holiday.

Lacking full punctuation and sentence structure, I'm having some trouble determining exactly what you are saying. What is a "recent updates box"?

Anyway, see this:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Also, please be sure that you as well have actually tried the various steps already posted...they may well work for you too.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

After updating my bbm on my blackberry curve 8520 i cannot send messages and my profile will not update but i can recieve messages. I tried rebooting my phone but my bbm still does not work properly and i have payed for it! I am on O2. My phone also stops midway through rebooting but does resume after around 10 minutes, I don't no what's wrong with it and have only started experiencing these issues since the update!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

I no how to delete bbm but don't want to loose any of my contacts. When some of my messages do send they don't get the D symbol show up but when they have been read the R symbol does show up? At the moment my messages do not send and nothing is working even though i have payed for bbm which is unfair. But like i said this has only started to happen after recently updating my bbm and blackberry app world, no one else I know has had the same problem. I don't no if they have updated like I have though.