Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 -SQ100-3
My Carrier: Fido (Rogers.com)

BBM download, Now can't sign into BB ID????? Can't use BBM

Well this is peachy.  Updated BBM now I can't sign into BBID to use it.  Can't sign into BBID except on my laptop which is useless.

Can't sign in so can't use BBM!   This is stupid. Can't sign in so can't get into App World , My world to degrade the BBM.  rebooted , .....pulled battery......wipe is not an option.  This is stupid.

Any answers here?

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM download, Now can't sign into BB ID????? Can't use BBM

Hello,

Well, perhaps we could start with you helping us to understand just what is happening? All you say is that you "can't sign into" BB ID...sadly, I can think of dozens of different messages you might see that could result in that report. Perhaps you could provide us with the exact and complete error message that you are seeing, as well as step-by-step of what you do to reach that point? That way, we may perhaps have a better chance of understanding your situation.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

Actually I said I updated BBM.  Did you miss that?  That is what is causing the problem.  BBM now requires a BBID sign in.  But after updating, I can't sign in to BBID. Other apps have to be re registered I am finding.  This is not good. "Cannot sign in to BB ID"   it says.  But as I said ...I did on my laptop. It is fine.

BB Bold 9790

Spent all day on this.  The reason I have a BB is because I never have to spend all day fixing something.  What's changed. 

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi also having this same problem after updating BBM cant sign into BB ID to use BBM but im not geting a error message , instead it just says please wait..... with the green circle going around but never actually signs in.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Jane wrote:

Actually I said I updated BBM.  Did you miss that?

No I did not miss that...but you then went on to say you could not log into BB ID. Since BBM and BB ID are now linked, the inability to log into BB ID is the root issue. Hence my inquiry as to what is going on with that.

Jane wrote:

Other apps have to be re registered I am finding.  This is not good.

Hmmm...I wonder what those might be...but, alas, my clairvoyance app is not working as of late...

Jane wrote:

"Cannot sign in to BB ID"   it says.

Hmmm...I still wonder at what point this error message presents. Presumably, you've completed the BBM update, and this is the finalization step? Did it perhaps request an update to BB ID? Mine did. But since I can't see yours, I've no idea if yours did so or not.

I also see no references to that exact wording of the error message...can you reconfirm please?

Further, if this is indeed part of the BBM update process (again, I can't yet tell from your words), then have you been able to abandon it and ensure that your BB is otherwise properly authenticated to BB ID? That is, after all, a deeply ingrained portion of the BB now...BB ID is used for so many things. Please check that, independent of BBM, your BB continues to properly authenticate to BB ID. You may want to perform a batt-pull reboot and ignore BBM for the moment...indeed, you might want to remove BBM and then ensure that BB ID is otherwise working correctly.

Jane wrote:

Spent all day on this.  The reason I have a BB is because I never have to spend all day fixing something.  What's changed. 

Did you miss it? You updated BBM...so I should think that's what's changed.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

now it came up saying attempting to configure BB ID to BBM or something similar and then went to error message: Cannot set up BBM....... A temporary BBM server error has occured.

*problem now solved*

Regular Contributor

Hmmm!   I didn't get that server for BBM message.  or the update for BB ID.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Regular Contributor

"unable to log-in to Blackberry ID account"  is the error exactly.    I did earlier until I updated BBM.

Now how do I degrade BBM so I use my BB ID again for BB protect and App world.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3 (Three-UK)

I had the exact same problem as you, the problem was that i forgot to restart the BlackBerry. This is needed to install the BlackBerry ID scripts onto the device. (This is why it takes so long to boot up - it's installing scripts and applications).

Hope this Helps!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Regular Contributor

Noooo!   Restarted twice.  Then Battery pull.  Left it out for a few minutes.  I has to be with the new configuration for BBM.  Maybe the email syncs ???  My BBID user is not an email I use on my phone but I never needed an email for user name that was.  I have BB protect that worked fine, paypal linked to app world that worked fine.   now the BBID doesn't work so nothing.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!