Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

BBM has disappeared

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 and the BlackBerry Messenger has disappeared.    

The program is listed as being installed in AppWorld, and wont allow me to either delete it, update it or reinstall. Also the program size in only 721 KB  (which I think is too small?) where as Whatsapp and Facebook are in MB.

My roaming is turned on, I have rebooted the phone multiple times. If I find the BBM software in the "my files" section of the phone then I am told the files "cant be opened". 

BBM has been missing for nearly a month now, and I am given no help via email and have spoken to several advisors who's tips have failed to get BBM running again. Getting pretty annoyed now! 

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM has disappeared

[ Edited ]

Go to your Applications list on your phone and find BBM.  Highlight it, press your menu key and select Delete. 

Next, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Deskop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Applications in the left hand column and look for BBM.  It should at that point have a '+" sign beside it.  Click the plug sign to add it again to your phone.  If it reappears, yay!  If it doesn't, try another method.

With your phone plugged in to BDS, click Device at the top of the software then click Restore.  Find a restore point that is older then when you noticed BBM missing and reload that backup file to your phone.

Let us know if either one of those suggestions works.  Smiley Happy

EDIT:  OK, so you can't delete it....I should pay close attention when reading posts.  In that case, just plug your phone in to BDS and see if you can click the "+" sign next to BBM.  If not, move on to my second suggestion.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.