Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

BBM icon disappeared

I have a Bold 9900. I updated graded to new BBM and my BBM icon has now disappeared altogether? I have software 7.1.0 bundle 2061.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: BBM icon disappeared

Hi,

On your Device go to BB App world > My world, upgrade BBM, if upgrade available .!!

New Contributor

I did that originally and that is what caused the problem. Before that I had an icon, after the upgrade it disappeared. If I go there now it says installed, but still cant find it.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

ohhkk,

On Device > Menu (BBKey) Maximize Panel > Options > Type application management > Select APP mgnt tab.

Select BBM App and press menu and then delete. Restart handheld and then again try to get this installed using BB App world. 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

lizavogt1234 wrote:

I did that originally and that is what caused the problem. Before that I had an icon, after the upgrade it disappeared. If I go there now it says installed, but still cant find it.

Hello lizavogt1234

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse www.blackberry.com/bbm .

If device prompt for a restart do it .If still unable to view BBM icon on your Homescreen check this Knowledge Base :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Elite II

Hi lizavogt1234

So enjoy BlackBerry Messenger  Smiley Happy 

Cheers !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Carrier: o2

i tried doing exactly that, i found it in the application management but it wont allow me to delete it, only to 'edit permissions'. am i doing something wrong?
Elite II

alizdar24 wrote:
i tried doing exactly that, i found it in the application management but it wont allow me to delete it, only to 'edit permissions'. am i doing something wrong?

Hi alizdar24

On application Management if you are unable to delete BBM then don't click on it just Highlight BBM press the Menu key > then delete > After deleting perform a battery pull and then have a try.

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone 

New Contributor
My Carrier: o2

i tried that, there isnt a delete option there either...